|Argument: Naming , Reference: 1785|
qwz @ 2014-10-28 06:41:52
Shouldn't it really be "Rough World"? Arguments for this:
- The stylized title is clearly written in IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet). ʌ is NOT an A. If you've used a dictionary you've certainly seen this.
- [rʌf] has the katakana loan word "rough" underneath it
- Any Japanese person looking at the cover would immediately understand it as rough. This gives the idea that it's a unpleasant, violent world
- "Raf" on the other hand gives the false impression that it's the name of the world or that there are Rafs there. No such thing exists in the game
- We transliterate Katakana in titles into the appropriate English word, so why not IPA?